CatsOnly.org is a sole proprietorship based out of the United States of America. We understand that your privacy is very important to you and want to be transparent in how your information may be used, stored, or shared online.
The CatsOnly.org website collects, stores, uses, and/or shares your data in ways that are consistent with your rights as a consumer and our rights as an online business. Your data may be processed when:
- It is necessary to properly execute a contract that you are a party to. (Ex: If you purchase a product or service directly from us and we are required to collect payment information as well as any shipping or delivery information)
- It is necessary for any legal obligations
- Necessary for the legitimate interests of us as an online business and for you as an end user and/or consumer
- Necessary for the purpose of legitimate interests pursued by CatsOnly.org unless overridden by your legal and fundamental rights
By using this website you certify that you are an adult who is at least 18 years of age.
What Information Does This Website Collect?
Information Will Be Automatically Collected – When you use this website, information will automatically be collected about you and about the device you are accessing this website with. Examples of information automatically collected include (but are not limited to):
- The device and operating system you are using
- The time(s) and date(s) you visited
- Referring pages (pages that have sent you to this website)
- IP Addresss
- Browser type
- Pages you have viewed
- How much time you have spent on each page
- Links you have clicked
Cookies – Cookies are small data files that are stored on your device and are used to provide a more personalized browser experience. This website uses both session cookies (cookies that expire when you close the page down) and persistent cookies (cookies that never expire unless you manually delete or clear them). You can opt to turn off or disable cookies in your browser, but you may not get the full, personalized experience of using this website. For more information about disabling cookies, please visit AboutCookies.org
Information That Has Been Voluntarily Submitted – Various actions on this website may result in you voluntarily submitting information to us. For example, if you submit a contact form then we may collect your name and email address. If you purchase a product then we may collect your name, contact information, shipping information, and billing information.
How Your Information May Be Used
- To deter, protect, and investigate any illegal and/or unauthorized activity.
- To provide a more personalized browsing and shopping experience
- To answer any comments, questions, or concerns through the Contact form
- To properly operate and maintain this website
- To send promotional information
- To send administrative information
- To track, analyze, and measure the performance of the website as well as the performance of any potential advertising
Third-Party Information Sharing And Usage
We may share your information with third parties when you give us consent to do so, such as signing up for an email newsletter that is hosted and managed by a third-party service provider. We also use third-party services that may automatically collect information as needed. Some of these third-party services include, but are not limited to:
Shopify – We may sell products or services on this website through Shopify. When you submit your personal, shipping, and billing information while using this website, it may likely be processed through Shopify, a third party e-commerce service.
Ninja Forms – Ninja Forms is a WordPress plugin or add-on that allows users of this website to submit information. The information submitted may be something simple, such as a question about the user’s cat, or it may be something more complex, such as a billing-related inquiry. CatsOnly.org will store your name, contact information, and any comments or questions so that we may properly respond as needed.
Unless required by law, CatsOnly.org will NOT sell, share, distribute, or reveal any personal information without consent from you. We may, however, pass this information through third-party services as needed should this business be sold (in whole or in part) or merged.
Certain types of information may be visible to the general public. Whenever a user leaves a comment on this website, their name, comment, and potential contact information may be visible to the public. Additionally, and reviews left for products or services may also be made available to the general public. Your IP address may be collected during either of these processes but will never by shared publicly.
- Display Ads – These are typically (but not always) contextual advertisements that show ads for products and/or services that are related to the content you’re reading about.
- Retargeting Ads – Advertising services that use retargeting ads may display ads on this website that are related to your past browsing history. For example, if you looked up engagement rings on Google a week ago, you may see retargeting ads on our website for engagement rings.
- Affiliate Programs – Affiliate programs offer compensation to us whenever we send visitors to complete an action on their website or platform. Actions include, but are not limited to, submitting an email address, making a purchase, or filling out a form with information (such as for a quote on pet insurance).
- In-House Ads – This website may show ads for products and/or services that are being sold by CatsOnly.org and processed either in-house or through Shopify.
There is some information that we must gather from you in order to ensure a positive experience. This information can be used for something simple, like giving you a positive blog-reading experience. Or, it can be used for something more complex, like shipping you an item you bought from our store, or serving up advertisements to you that fit your past web-surfing patterns.
Obviously we can’t say that all websites do this, but a vast majority of them do. It’s not just websites that collect information either. Your web browser collects information, apps that you use on your phone collect information, hell even your smart TV might likely collect information from you. That’s kind of what happens when you use today’s technology.